This is a tutorial on How To Unlock any Modem Using DC Unlocker showing you that it’s possible to use your desired network on your branded modem, router and Mifi.
We are used to branded modems and routers, some of won’t know what I mean by branded modems and routers. Branded modems and routers are modems and routers that come with a network provider which is in your location.
The examples of branded modems are MTN, Verizon, Airtel modems and Swift, Spectranet routers. Unlocking your modem is more of a transformation process – You are taking your modem or router which was in chains and setting free to roam any and all SIMs without any restrictions.
Modems and routers can be unlocked because they have a base manufacturer which are Huawei, ZTE, and the likes. I’m sure we are familiar with Huawei modems and ZTE modems, there are others but these are the popular ones.
Table of Contents
DC-Unlocker Supported Models
To check if your modem is supporting by DC Unlocker and the method of unlocking your modem – Click here.
Network Providers buy modems and routers from Huawei, ZTE and customize the Interface, adding little customization to promote their brand.The presence of the base manufacturer’s input creates room for modem unlocking.
Even if the Network Provider, customizes a firmware and removes all unlock capabilities, don’t fear. With future innovations, the data card would be cracked and the modem will now be available for unlocking. It may take some time but the possibility is strong!
The purpose of the tutorial is to educate the readers and those willing to acquire new IT skills, not forgetting those who simply just want to unlock their modem, making it universal to accept and use any and all SIMs.
There are different ways to unlock your modem and I have used quite a few but out of all, I have found dc-unlocker to be truly the best in unlocking any modem, some free and some you have to buy credits to unlock it.
DC-Unlocker offers 2 different services
- Paid – These services are for the new modems and router devices which were recently manufactured or they just got their unlock method discovered.
- Free – For old modems and routers which are well known and have been widely spread and easily unlocked.
DC Unlocker Requirements
- The most important requirement is to be sure that dc-unlocker can unlock your modem before you start the unlocking process. To check if your router is supported and compatible with dc-unlocker check their compatibility list.
- A Desktop or Laptop Computer
- A Modem or router device
- Internet Connection
- For the Paid option, you would need money
How Do I Unlock My Modems with DC Unlocker
UPDATE 2018: I installed the latest dc-unlocker software version as at that time and conducted a simple unlocking test and found that everything still works the same. There are so some changes to dc-unlocker like the new UI increased modem and router model support.
- Download DC-Unlocker and register an Account. It’s free!
- Run DC Unlocker as Administrator
- Before you plug your modem into the PC, insert a sim card. Usually a different sim different from the Network Provider. (Example – If the network provider is MTN, Insert ETISALAT sim or AIRTEL. Do not insert MTN sim and still expect the modem to get unlocked.)
- Select your Modem or Router “Manufacturer” and set “Select Model – Recommended“. if you don’t know the particular model of your Huawei modem. Click on “Search”.
- Wait for few seconds, DC-Unlocker would detect your modem
- Click on “Server” and insert your Username and Password then Login.
- For a Free Modem Unlock, you don’t need to have credit before the modem can get unlocked but for a Paid Unlock. You require credits, usually 4 credits. to be exact.
- Click here to Buy DC-Unlocker Unlock Credit with PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney etc
- If you have the required number of credit required for the modem unlock. You should see this screen. Free modem unlock requires 0 Credits while Paid modem unlock requires 4 credits which you have to buy.
- Click on “Unlock“
- Unplug your Modem and Plug it back into your PC. You should be able to use any SIM with it now.
- Congratulations! You just unlocked your stubborn modem or router! Time to kick back and relax.
For More Understanding of modem unlocking using DC Unlocker.