There are no shortcuts, if you want to make money blogging, you need to use one of the best blog hosting to be able to get premium website speed, support, and resources which all serve as the foundation for your successful blog.
Today I would like to change your mindset about blog hosting, and by the end of this post, you would never touch a free blog host or cheap blog hosts ever again because you would know how and why they are harmful to your blog and your business.
to start making money blogging.
Table of Contents
- What you will learn in this post:
- Never use Free Hosting and Why to avoid “free” Blog Hosting Platforms
- Why Cheap Web Hosting is the Worst and How it Would Kill your Blog
- Blog Hosting Review: My Top 4 Blog Hosting Review from Personal Experience
- 8 Reasons Why I love Bluehost
- 1. Bluehost saved my blogging career
- 2. It really is perfect for newbies.
- 3. They have 24-hour customer support.
- 4. You can call them and speak with a native English speaker.
- 5. It has a one-click WordPress installation.
- 6. You have unlimited domain names, blogs, and email addresses.
- 7. It’s easy to create your own customized email address for your domain.
- 8. Installing WordPress on Bluehost can be done in 10 minutes.
- Why WordPress is the Best Platform to pair with your Blog Hosting!
- The proven blueprint for making money blogging that frees you from the 9-5 and Google AdSense.
What you will learn in this post:
- NEVER use free hosting and Why “free” blog hosting is never free
- Why cheap web hosting is the worst and would kill your blog
- Blog Hosting Review: My Top 4 Blog Hosting Review from Personal Experience
- Why I love Bluehost, why 850,000+ bloggers use Bluehost and the story that made y blogging career great.
- Why WordPress is the best platform for blogging and where even the most newbie of bloggers should start
Never use Free Hosting and Why to avoid “free” Blog Hosting Platforms
There’s a basic economic theory that is as true for blogging as anything else in life:
“There’s nothing that’s free in this world.”
While starting with a “free” hosting platform may sound tempting and seems like it solves all your problems, it’s often just a plan to get your money later on.
Think about it: That company needs to make money somehow or they’d go out of business (remember it’s all business after all).
Here’s why not to use them (including non-financial reasons):
- Unwanted Ads – “Nothing better than big ads on a website!” – No One Ever. Many of the free sites put ugly unsightly ads on your website. Gotta make money somehow, right?
- Limited Features – Often, these websites limit common features and offer them only for more money. Very similar to a free app with things you buy once inside.
- Limited Bandwidth and Speed – You get what you pay for and since you are paying NOTHING, you get close to NOTHING!
- Pay Money to Move Your Website – “Got an influx of Pinterest traffic and our server can’t handle it? Great! You can move your blog for a nominal fee!”– This is the beginning of their grand scheme to take your money.
- No True Domain Name – Nothing looks less trustworthy to me than an article with a URL like https://leadmenusa.blogspot.com. With most free hosts, you don’t get a full domain name. Plus, the host I use comes with a free domain name!
- Customer Support – It’s hard to have great customer support when running free websites. Most of the support for these websites range from absent to non-existent
There’s no such thing as a free lunch and there’s nothing free in this world.
In other words, free hosting is not for you want these things:
- To make money with your blog
- A successful blog
- A fast website
- Good customer service.
- Full control over how your blog looks without paying extra
- The ability to get a large audience to your website
- A business and not just a blog
- No unsolicited ads
- Your own domain name
Soooooo… NEVER use a FREE HOST.
Why Cheap Web Hosting is the Worst and How it Would Kill your Blog
Using a cheap blog hosting will KILL your blog in the short run and long run because you would lose money, visitors, trust and all credibility that your blog can be trusted or depended on.
Here’s an example, imagine an investor or client needs your services and wants to get the final approval from his team and he visits your site during their meeting and your blog is down. They refresh their browsers twice and still the same thing. What do you think would happen? YOU JUST LOST SERIOUS MONEY!
What’s the cause, you thought you could save money by using bad local hosting instead of using one of the best blog hosting right from the beginning – stop using cheap hosting and use one of the best affordable hosting today to ensure you don’t lose any money again!
Having a successful blog means you have set up your blog properly and is always ready to make money.
Blog Hosting Review: My Top 4 Blog Hosting Review from Personal Experience
I have personally used all these blog hosting companies and I can guide a non-biased blog hosting review about each of them.
1. Hostgator – The Beginning. (3/5)
I started Nairatips with Hostgator around 2015-2017 because I did not want to use any free or cheap hosting that some local companies provided. Back then, I was mainly concerned about my website staying LIVE and not crashing. I didn’t care too much about my website speed and optimization.
Verdict: Hostgator will give you 99.9% uptime but as time goes on when your site grows and gets bigger and you start using more plugins, your site becomes slow and also the support was not great.
2. Siteground – The Start of Successful Blogging (4.2/5)
By the end of 2017, I had enough of Hostgator and I moved to Siteground which was the best decision I made that saved my blogging business.
With Siteground I got fast website loading speeds, fast and knowledgeable support, 99.9% uptime at affordable prices and I was able to pump in more time and effort into Nairatips to make it work and I ended up making $7,740 in that first year of successful blogging.
Verdict: Siteground has good website loading speeds, quick and knowledgeable support and your blog stays LIVE always but after your first year hosting expires, the amount to renew doubles.
3. Bluehost – The Next Level of Successful Blogging (4.6/5)
With no problems from Siteground, I heard about Bluehost from a reputable blog hosting expert and he recommended Bluehost to me.
So far, so good. Everything is fast, website loads fast, support answers my questions fast, my blog is always working with no issues and I optimized my database and website loading speed by using a lightweight responsive theme that uses less external queries and makes my blog load in under 2 seconds, the name of that theme is GeneratePress.
Verdict: I decided to take successful blogging to the next level using Bluehost and so far it has been worth it. I have made $4,450 in 4 months alone this year.
4. Kinsta – The Best WordPress Blog Hosting Money Can Buy (4.4/5)
Before I moved to Bluehost, I tried Kinsta for just 1 month. I heard a lot about them and how they are the best WordPress blog hosting so I had to try them out.
Wow, I was blown away literally by their professionalism, speed, and support and also by their price. My blog was smooth almost like those top tech blogs, I felt this inner piece like nothing could happen to me or my blog as long as I stayed with Kinsta.
They had everything! They were different, they don’t use cPanel, everything is so simple to do and you only have the core features that you really need and not the complexity of the common cPanel where some functions you won’t ever need or use.
I could feel the support team like they were literally by my side eagerly waiting for me to say Hi.
BUT the fantasy had to end because when the month was over and it was time for me to renew or run away. I decided to run away after days of calculating my income and revenue stream and growth with charts and calculators. Reality set in and I said to myself – “Paul, not now – maybe later”.
What that means is that I couldn’t afford Kinsta hosting then and I decided to move and stick with Bluehost. Let me make all the money first then I can move to Kinsta and retire.
Other resource: Deepbrid The Best Premium Generator
8 Reasons Why I love Bluehost
You will see the reasons why I love Bluehost, why over 850,000+ Bloggers use Bluehost blog hosting to run their blogs and life-changing blogging career story with an alternate cheaper blog hosting.
1. Bluehost saved my blogging career
My website used to suffer soo many downtime and crashes for about 2 years…
Every evening when I had higher amounts of traffic to my website, my site would hit the limit and crash or serve a downtime.
I was losing money and loyal readers by the second, because nothing was working… The website would literally just be completely crashed.
I did literally EVERYTHING I could think of to fix it to no avail.
Finally, I decided to give a call to my brother.
I explained everything that was going wrong and how desperate I was for help.
He was ridiculously helpful. Basically, he advised me to move to a better host which wasn’t as expensive as the one I was coming from.
After I went through the pain of moving my website to a different host, everything immediately got better.
Thank god I moved, because literally the next week something amazing happened…
The next week, we had more traffic and made more money from the blog.
Truly life-changing stuff!
If I had still been with our old host, the server would have failed and it would have ended up costing an insane amount of money.
This is EXACTLY why I am so passionate about new bloggers getting the successful blog set up correctly.
You never know what can happen.
2. It really is perfect for newbies.
Setup is simple, easy to understand, helpful. As a beginner you’ve got tons of stuff to learn, and the last thing you want to be doing is spending all your time wondering how to navigate your host’s backend.
3. They have 24-hour customer support.
Got or problem or need some help? Great! Go here, click “chat,” and talk to a trained rep 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
You’re never alone in this thing with Bluehost.
4. You can call them and speak with a native English speaker.
Getting website help from someone who is not a native English speaker, for me, is like trying to type a message with sausages for fingers.
(It’s frustrating my friends.)
Calling and being able to speak with someone in the States for me is an incredibly underrated delight.
5. It has a one-click WordPress installation.
So easy a blindfolded baby could do it.
Trust me, it’s not so easy on other websites to hunt things down on some external cpanel, hoping you don’t break your website in the process.
Remember Bluehost and WordPress are best buds!
6. You have unlimited domain names, blogs, and email addresses.
This comes with most hosts, but it’s worth being said. Have a party and install as many websites as you like!
7. It’s easy to create your own customized email address for your domain.
It’s really underrated how simple Bluehost makes everything.
To compare, this process took me an hour or more with my old host, and I had to put in a support ticket to get it taken care of.
It took me less than 10 minutes to have the domain firstname.lastname@example.org with Bluehost, and now I can make a new email in less that too.
8. Installing WordPress on Bluehost can be done in 10 minutes.
- Log into your Bluehost account and “hosting” in your menu.
- Scroll down until you see the box titles “website,” and click “Install WordPress.”
- Select the domain you want to install your WordPress on (the one you just purchased probably) and click submit.
- Once your WordPress is installed, save the information on this page. After you have them saved then hit the “configure your password” button.
- Create your password, and hit “Complete Setup.”
- BOOM! You’ve installed WordPress.
- Now go to the “login URL” you just saved after installing WordPress.
- Enter your username and password, and you’re in! Welcome to your WordPress blog dashboard!
I mean, for real it’s that EASY!
The next question is:… What blogging platform should you use?
Why WordPress is the Best Platform to pair with your Blog Hosting!
There’s a reason over 75.6 million bloggers use WordPress.
Find out the four reasons below.
WordPress is something you need to learn
Especially those of you new to blogging, WordPress is not going anywhere. Yes, it may be a little scary jumping in feet first to self-hosting your own blog, but I really regret every second I wasted on other “free” platforms (Blogger and others).
They robbed me of the precious time that I should have spent mastering WordPress.
WordPress is the most powerful blogging platform, ever
As you grow into becoming a better blogger, you’re going to want certain features, capabilities, blogging tools, and just general awesomeness not provided by other platforms.
Most bloggers usually run into this exact problem:
They start by using a different blogging platform other than WordPress, hear about a cool new plugin or feature PERFECT for their audience, and realize they cannot use it because it’s only offered on WordPress.
It sucks, but is likely going to happen if you go elsewhere.
You’ll have resources for days
Because millions of bloggers use WordPress, support forums and free WordPress training is beyond abundant on YouTube and other platforms.
New and easy-to-use resources will always be there for your taking.
It’s a Professional Blog Hosting Company
It’s the blogging platform I use to run my 4-figure blog, Nairatips.com. It’s what every blog professional I know uses and is the G.O.A.T (Greatest of All Time) when it comes to creating blogs and websites.
I hope I made a compelling argument and have changed your mindset about blog hosting because free and cheap blog hosting is only keeping you from succeeding. You need to take your blog to the standards it needs to be before you can start making money with your blog.