How to go LIVE on TikTok Without Having 1000 Followers (2022 Guide)
Besides dancing to viral TikTok songs with cool transitions and filters, how to go live on Tiktok is the best way to connect to your target audience. This is a perfect tool for businesses and content creators to interact with their target audience and showcase their authenticity.
But unfortunately, not everyone can go live on TikTok. TikTok requires users to have at least a thousand followers to enable this feature.
You do not have 1000 followers? No problem. It’s technically possible to access the Live feature without meeting this milestone. There is a trick we’ve learned that will allow you to go live even without 1000 followers.
In this article, you will find all the information you need to know about going live on TikTok without 1000 followers in 2022.
Let’s get started!
How to go live on TikTok without 1000 followers
To go live on TikTok without the required amount of followers, you need to file a support ticket to enable the live feature for your account. To do so, follow these 10 easy steps:
- Open the app and click on your profile.
- In the top right corner of your screen, click on the three-dotted icon.
- Scroll down and click the ‘Report a problem’ option.
- Then find the ‘Live/Payments/Rewards’ option. Tap to open it.
- Select ‘Live Host’, then tap ‘I can’t start a live’
- There would be a question ‘Is your problem resolved ‘. Choose ‘No’ to reply to the question.
- Then click on ‘ I still have a problem ‘
- There will be a feedback form where you will need to write a report stating that the live feature for your account was enabled before, but is no longer working. Something like ‘ I could previously start a live broadcast but cannot do so now, Thank you. You can also mention that your fans are requesting for you to go live.(It would be advisable to ask for help from someone who can write better if you’re not really good at writing or convincing people)
- Enter the email address at which TikTok can be able to use to contact you. Do not provide your email address if not asked.
- Then click ‘Report’. After submitting your report, you have filed a support ticket with TikTok and their customer representative would send you feedback. After this, your account will be enabled and you will be able to finally go live without 1000 followers.
Note that there is no 100% guarantee with this method. There have been reports of people claiming this process worked for them and others saying it didn’t. This has just proven to be the best way to allow live videos to be enabled on your account without waiting around to reach a thousand followers.
How long does it take the ‘Live’ to get activated?
This solely depends on TikTok and its team. After filing the support ticket, it might take a day for some accounts to get activated, while others a few hours. But it usually takes 24 to 48 hours for the Live feature to become activated.
Is this TikTok LIVE Trick legal?
Absolutely yes. There is a TikTok’s Community Guideline that gives all the legal information you need to know about TikTok and in no way is this violating it. If you cannot be patient till you have a thousand followers but need to go live, TikTok would assist if you file a support ticket.
Is there an age limit criteria?
Asides from the number of followers, the only requirement for live broadcasts according to TikTok’s Community Guideline is that the user needs to be over 16 years of age. Your number of followers will not have any effect on the activation of your live account.
I have met all the criteria, but still can’t go live on TikTok
Maybe you’ve met all the requirements to go live but your live button is still not activated, you can try updating the app on Play Store or the App Store depending on your device. Or you could try uninstalling and installing it back again.
But if you’ve just reached a thousand followers, you can simply wait a few days for your account to become activated.
If all these options don’t work, try filling a report with the support team.
How do I go Live on TikTok?
If you have a thousand followers on TikTok and want to go live, the process is quite easy.
- Open the app on your device and click on the create icon at the bottom of the app’s home screen.
- Find the ‘live’ option at the navigation bar.
- You can set up your life either by adding a new photo from your camera roll or taking a new one.
- Choose a thumbnail and a title that describes what your live stream is about and you are on your way to becoming Tik Tok famous.
You would have to be living under a rock if you say you haven’t seen a video from TikTok. From its expertly edited videos to its live streaming feature, TikTok has proven to be the most interactive and engaging 社交媒体 platform, especially for the younger generation.
While TikTok is originally known for uploading and sharing videos, the TikTok Live feature offers a better alternative to that. It gives creators, influencers, or anyone with the flair of media the avenue to have a more intimate interaction with their fans, express their creativity and even earn gift points in the process.
I hope you’ve found this article helpful, especially if you’ve been wondering how to go live on TikTok without 1k followers. We understand going live on TikTok might be a little scary, particularly if it’s your first time.
But the good news, as long as the content you’re putting out is worth watching and interactive, you will eventually get the hang of it.