Free DSTV Channels guide. Learn how to watch Free DSTV Channels On Computer & Android smartphone or tablet.
Today, we are going to learn how to watch free DSTV channels with the use of a software called Kodi. This tutorial has 2 parts – Install Ares Wizard & Browse, Install Popular Builds of your choice.
UPDATE 2018: Kodi still works and still plays a big part in the IPTV network
Table of Contents
What is Kodi?
Kodi® (formerly known as XBMC™) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, tv shows and so much more.
Kodi runs on different Platforms such as Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls.
It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet.
- Stable Internet Connection
- a Laptop/Desktop or Android/iOS or a TV
- Latest Kodi Software
- This tutorial from NairaTips and you are ready!
How To Watch Free DSTV Channels On PC & Android
- First thing you should do is download the Latest Kodi Software, Download from Here
- Install Kodi Software on your Windows, Linux, MAC OS X, Android, iOS (Jailbroken devices only) and many other platforms which enables you watch free DSTV channels on all your devices for free.
- Open Kodi 16.0 Jarvis. This is the latest version at the time of this tutorial
- Go to System – File Manager
- Scroll down and click on Add Source
- Select None
- Type exactly the following http://areswizard.srve.io/aw_zip and Click Done
- Enter Ares as the name for this Add-On Package because we just installed the Ares Wizard.
- Go back to your Home Screen and Select System
- Inside System, Select Add-Ons
- Then Select Install from Zip
- Click on Ares. This was what we installed earlier on
- Select script.areswizard0.0.27zip
- Wait for the Add-On Enabled Notification
Now, the Ares Wizard has been completely installed and it can be accessed from Programs menu in your Home Screen.
What we just installed was the Ares Wizard, which is an installer package that gives us access to all the awesome builds and Add-Ons in Kodi.
Ares Wizard is the best because instead of installing different seperate Add-Ons manually, one after the other, Ares Wizard installs alot of add-ons which have been compiled into builds. So, you get a bunch of channels when you install a build.
Time to move on the 2nd part of this tutorial which is to Browse, Install Popular Builds of your choice.
- In Kodi Homepage. Move to PROGRAMS – Ares Wizard
- Ares Wizard loads up.
- Select Browse Builds
- Select Pulse. You are free to select any build you want. I choose pulse because it was the most popular with the highest number of Downloads.
- Select Pulse-CCM – Install to install the entire Build. This option would install all the channels. You can install any other version like the Lite version which would just install some channels or other options.
- After Clicking Install. Downloads Starts
- Pulse – CCM is more than 300MB. Other version size varies. Again, the reason I chose Pulse – CCM is because it is the most popular with the most stars and downloads.
- That’s it! You are finally ready to start watching Live DSTV Channels for free.
This same method also works across all platforms, so you can use it for your Android Smartphones or Tablets, MAC OSX PC or your Jailbroken iPhone/iPad.