After testing a lot of Mac DVD rippers available on the market, finally I found the best alternative to HandBrake for Mac – MacX DVD Ripper Pro which can work with almost all kinds of DVD discs with high quality and super high speed.
Nowadays DVD ripping is a common thing in our daily life as DVD discs are too fragile to be scratched, damaged or lost. The tool many people choose to rip DVD on Mac is Handbrake. Yup, it really does a good DVD converting task. Unfortunately, no tool is perfect and Handbrake is no exception. When it comes to copy protections, fast speed and extensive outputs, Handbrake doesn’t have the guts.
to start making money blogging.
Table of Contents
MacX DVD Ripper Pro Features
- Access all types of DVD discs, covering the latest DVDs, Disney 99-title DVDs, workout DVDs, TV series DVDs, and other damaged or unplayable DVDs.
- Rip DVD to MP4, MKV, H.264, MOV, AVI, MPEG4, FLV, MP3 and any video audio formats.
- Built-in 350+ profiles, convert DVD to iPhone X/8 Plus, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, Samsung Galaxy S8/Note 8, Huawei, Sony, PS4, etc.
- 1:1 copy DVD to ISO Image, MKV, MPEG2 with original video/audio quality so as to store it on Mac/hard drive, play it with QuickTime, or burn DVD in the later future.
- World’s No.1 fast speed with unique support of advanced Intel QSV hardware acceleration tech.
- Adjust video codec/bitrate/frame rate/aspect ratio/resolution, audio codec/channel/sample rate/bitrates to personalize DVD for various needs.
- Edit, trim, crop, merge, add subtitles/watermark to customize your DVD movies.
- Extract MP3 music and picture from DVD movies for further use.
To test how fast the Handbrake alternative can rip DVD on Mac, I did a special test between MacX DVD Ripper Pro and Handbrake. According to the test results, MacX DVD Ripper Pro ripped a full DVD movie into MP4 in 5.8 minutes. The Mac DVD ripper was running consistently at 280 fps and my CPU was running at 150% of its usage. Handbrake placed a distant second, taking 20 minutes at the speed of 116fps and CPU usage of 780%. That is really fantastic!
How to Rip DVD on Mac with MacX DVD Ripper Pro
After knowing the features of the Mac DVD Ripper pro, let’s come to the next part of the review – how to use MacX DVD Ripper Pro. Different to the a-little-bit-confusing design of Handbrake, MacX DVD Ripper Pro strikes a balance between the needs of novices and experts alike. It is easy to read. Even beginners can get started ripping immediately. Below I will show you how easy it is to rip a DVD with this Handbrake alternative.
Step 1: Install and open the Mac DVD ripper, and then insert the DVD disc you want to rip and load it by simply drag and drop, or clicking “DVD Disc” button.
Step 2: Select an output format upon your demand. For instance, if you want to rip DVD to MP4, go “Mac General Video” and choose “MP4” directly. If you chose H.264 codec MP4, you can check the box “Intel/AMD/Nvidia” to enable hardware acceleration for getting DVD to MP4 ripped within 5 minutes.
Step 3: Press “RUN” button to start DVD conversion.
MacX DVD Ripper Pro has won the top scores in all the criteria for the best DVD ripper for Mac. It has the vast inputs & outputs, fastest speed and strong protection removal capability. Once you get the knack, you will find it a true helper for saving time and efforts in DVD ripping. If you have been looking for a good alternative to Handbrake for Mac, MacX DVD Ripper Pro should be worth a shot.