This is one of my numerous “How To” tutorials and this one in particular is about how to connect your PlayStation 3 Controller to your Android Device without using an OTG Cable.
In this tutorial, we are going to be downloading, installing and running apps from the internet and also using our Computer to download, install and run a software that would help you achieve our goal which is to Connect Our PlayStation 3 Controller to our Android device without an OTG cable.
Must Read: How To Control Your Android device With a Mouse
This tutorial has different steps, please follow this steps carefully and don’t be confused because we are going to be moving from your computer to android device, android device to computer, like that Back and Forth till we achieve our goal.
- Any Android Smartphone or Tablet running Android 4.0 and above.
- Android’s root access, which means your phone should be rooted.
- A Dualshock 3 PlayStation Controller
- Mini USB-to-USB cable
- A Computer running Windows Operating System
- Six Axis Compatibility App
- Six Axis Controller App
- Six Axis Pair Tool
- Basic Computer Software Installation Skill
Must Read: AirDroid: Control Your Android Device With Your PC
How To Connect Six Axis PS3 Controller To Android Without OTG Cable
- Download Six Axis Compatibility Checker
- Install and run the app
- Grant root access to the app
- Click on START, the app checks if your android device is compatible with Six Axis
- If you see the above message, Be happy! You just won 1 million dollars. No, but seriously, be happy because it shows that this tutorial is for you.
- Click on STOP and close the Six Axis Compatibility Checker app
- Move to your Computer.
- Download and Install Six Axis Pair Tool
- Connect Your PlayStation 3 controller to your computer
- Run the software. You should see this… Your Current Master should be 00:00:00:00:00
- Leave the Window Open and Move back to your Android device
- Download the app
- Install and run the app
- Click on Change IME and change it to Six Axis Controller
- Click START and Grant Root Access Permission
- You will see “Local Bluetooth Address” at the bottom, mine is D8:90:E8:8B:ED:1B. Keep that in mind
- Now, let’s move back to your Computer
- Open the Six Axis Pair Tool, in the empty box write the “Local Bluetooth Address” which you saw at the bottom in Six Axis Controller app, mine is D8:90:E8:8B:ED:1B
- After writing your own “Local Bluetooth Address”. Click on Update
- Unplug your PS3 Controller from your PC and throw the cable away, deep into the jungle. You don’t need it again…xD
- Go back your Android Device and open Six Axis Controller app
- Click on Options, Goto Preference, Gamepad Settings and Tick “Enable Native Gamepad”
- Press the PS button and watch the magic!
- Your PlayStation 3 Controller gets paired with your Android device wirelessly! No more wired troubles.
- Congrats! You have successfully connected your PS3 controller to your Android device without using an OTG Cable
P.S : OTG stands for On-The-Go
This tutorial works for Android Ice Cream, JellyBean, KitKat and Lollipop. No issues so far. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or two.