Today is the day we learn How To Boot Into Download Mode. Previously we learn about How To Boot Into Recovery Mode which was fun and educative for everyone, if you enjoyed that tutorial, you would love what i have installed for you today. which is the day we take a look at the other part of “Recovery Mode” which is “Download Mode“.
You may not know these but the download mode is equally as important as the recovery mode. The truth is, one can’t function without the other. Both possess similar functions, as well as different functions depending on what purpose you use it for.
What is Android Download Mode?
- According to KingoRoot, Odin mode, also known as Download mode, is a mode for SAMSUNG only. It is a state that allows you to flash firmware through Odin or other desktop software. When in Download mode, you will see s triangle with an Android image in it and says “Downloading…”
- According to NairaTips, Download mode in Android is a mode that allows you to Flash ROMs, Kernel, Rooting Packages like CF-Root, ClockWorkMod Recovery and others using a computer software called ODIN.
How Do I Boot Into Download Mode
- Turn Off your device
- Press and Hold The Power Key, Volume Down Key and Home Button for 5- 10 seconds
- Press the Volume Up Button to continue to Download Mode.
- Now, You are in Download Mode! Happy Flashing..
Precautions Of Download Mode
- Download Mode can easily brick your Android device, if you are not careful.
- Flashing anything in Download mode can void your warranty.
- Flashing in Download mode can trip Knox Security Protocol.
- You will be held responsible for any and all damages done to the Android device if anything goes wrong.
Be very careful when in download mode, make sure you know what you are doing or at the very least follow the steps properly without any mistakes because if you screw up in download mode, you phone is most likely gone, i mean Bricked! Some brick situations can be resolved but some can’t.
P.S: Download Mode is Samsung Exclusive.
Do you want to know more about Download Mode? Visit KingoRoot’s Download Mode Page.