Connect Modem automatically using Internet Download Manager is a trick I want to share with my viewers. No need to install an additional auto connect modem software, IDM has an inbuilt function that allows you auto connect modem everytime disconnection happens.
Modem type of Internet connections are becoming obsolete, but I can’t run away from modem connections, and even in the year 2016, I still find myself using a modem, dial-up connections which isn’t the best internet service but it is still reliable depending on the type and speed of the modem you are using.
Some modems are faster on at per with some routers, like for example, I use a modem with 42 Mbps speed which is equivalent to some routers.
Modem makes use of dial-up connections which requires a dial-up number usually *99# and username and password to connect to your Internet Provider.
Sadly enough, the world is moving away from wired connections to wireless connections giving rise to more use of Routers which makes use of Wireless connections rather than Modems which are wired in nature.
- Internet Download Manager (IDM)
- a Modem Connection and knowledge of your connection’s Username and Password
How To Automatically Connect Modem With IDM
- Open Internet Download Manager (IDM)
- Click on “Options“
- Click on “Dial-Up/VPN.”
- Dial-Up/VPN Settings :
- Tick “Use Windows Dial-Up/VPN Networking.”
- Connection Options:
- Choose your Connection; Mine is MTN-NG
- Put in your Connection’s Username, Mine is the web.
- Put in your Connection’s Password, Mine is the web.
- If you don’t know the username and password, feel free to put web or leave it blank
- Tick “Save Password“
- Click “Apply“
- Redial Options – 0 times
- The time between redial attempts – 3 Seconds
- Open your Modem Connection Interface, and connect
- Start your download
- When the modem connection disconnects, IDM would automatically dial up your modem connection
- Modem reconnects, and you are connected again
Additional Notes: This method of automatically connecting your modem only works when you have IDM installed, and a download is currently downloading. So, this helps when your download gets interrupted, and you want to auto redial, so you don’t always have to reconnect your modem manually.