We bring you reviews of the best hosting for writers so you can choose the ideal one to host your website. There are providers for all tastes, no matter if you need a high-speed server or a very cheap one. With our analysis, you will know all its features, and you can choose without making a mistake.
A key lesson I learned when reviewing dozens of web hosting services is that a good web server may not always be the right website.
Why? Because different types of websites will have different needs.
Some web servers may be useful in certain areas, such as speed and the latest technology; while others may focus on providing a stable server and a cheaper rate. A “good webserver” does not always guarantee 100% users satisfaction.
This is especially true when it comes to web hosting for writers. As a writer, I understand why writers tend to be cautious and demanding about their web host. You need to continue with the right service at the right price and the right quality. The “best” web server may not be the best option.
After evaluating all the good web hosts, I have come to a list of companies that adapt perfectly to the needs of most writers.
If you have decided to take the first step to create a website or blog, you will need a hosting and domain name adjusted to the needs of your project. In this post, I will help you make the best choice.
If you already know what a domain name and hosting is, you can go directly to the comparison to choose a good hosting or domain provider for your writing blog.
However, if you just started in this world and you still don’t have the necessary knowledge, I recommend you read this first part of the post because it will be beneficial.
Table of Contents
- The Best Hosting for Writers in 2020
- The Best Web Hosting for Writers
- 1. Bluehost – The Best Web Hosting for Writers
- 2. SiteGround – The Fastest Web Host for Writers
- 3. HostGator – The Largest Web Hosting for Writers
- 4. InMotion – Best for Medium-Small Writing Projects
- 5. Hostinger
- What is a Domain Name?
- What is Web Hosting?
The Best Hosting for Writers in 2020
Before moving on to the list of the best Web hosting companies for writers, you should know that there is nothing called “best hosting provider” for everyone. Always try to find the hosting plan that best suits your needs.
Having a web hosting that offers excellent service and quality at a reasonable price is one of the most important keys for your website to function correctly with minimum costs. However, with so many Hosting companies offering their services, in many cases, it is difficult to choose the one that best suits our needs and circumstances, and more if you do not know this area.
If you have had any Hosting, you will understand well what I am talking about.
Therefore, we want to give you some keys on how to choose an effective and economical Hosting for your project, based on our own experience and the results we have obtained with some Hosting providers. This way, you can make the best decision for your business or Startup or your writing project.
Criteria to consider choosing an excellent hosting service:
- Disk space and bandwidth
- Technical support
- User reviews
All the hosting services that I will describe below have a control panel called Cpanel, from which you will be very easy to interact with the program.
The Best Web Hosting for Writers
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of web hosting providers.
Choosing the most suitable hosting for your needs is becoming increasingly difficult, as the offer increases day by day.
How did we compile the rankings?
Evaluating a web hosting is not easy, so we took as a reference to several specific features to draw up the ranking:
- Price: it is not the main factor, but it is decisive. A quality hosting must also be economical; otherwise, it is not useful for the average customer
- Uptime: the best hosts are always active and never have periods of inactivity / down. This is why we have rewarded hosting that guarantees an above-average percentage of uptime
- SSD: SSD technology is now standard, but some hosting still uses the old hard drives. In the ranking, of course, you will find only hosting that uses solid-state disks
- Band: the era in which hosting plans limited the band ended. Most hosting in our rankings has no bandwidth limits
- Space: modern needs always require large spaces, which is why we have emphasized hosting that offers several gigabytes already from the basic plans
- Assistance: if there is a technical problem, it is absurd to have to wait for hours or days. Customer support must be sudden and, if possible, active 24 hours a day, even on holidays
- Server location: the more, the better. The best performing hosts have servers in different parts of the world. In rare cases, the servers are also in Italy
- CMS support: in case you need to install CMS like WordPress, Joomla or Drupal, it is convenient to be able to take advantage of the so-called “1 click install”, that is automatic procedures made available by the web hosting to install them automatically.
I have selected the best five web hosting companies for a writer:
1. Bluehost – The Best Web Hosting for Writers
BlueHost currently hosts over 2 million websites. Its intuitive platform simplifies the creation of attractive, stable, and functional pages. It is among the most popular and inexpensive web hosting services offering shared hosting, dedicated hosting, cloud hosting, VPS and WordPress hosting.
BlueHost offers excellent 99.99% uptime with extraordinary load times up to 3 times faster than other hosts. Furthermore, it is very suitable for beginners; offers live chat 24/7/365, free domain, and 30-day money-back guarantee and come with additional free features like unlimited bandwidth and free SSL.
They provide their clients with more SSD storage, email storage, free domain, and fast performance for just $ 3.95 a month with an option to upgrade to other plans with amazing features.
- Very cheap plans for beginners
- Some specific features of WordPress, such as installation and updates with one click
- Many customer support options
- A custom and well-designed hosting control panel that facilitates WordPress installation
- Modest to poor results when it comes to performance, especially under pressure from multiple users.
- Lousy feedback on hosting surveys when it comes to customer support and WordPress optimization
2. SiteGround – The Fastest Web Host for Writers
Like others on this list, they are an independent company and much loved by the general WordPress public. Its primary services are web hosting, cloud servers, dedicated hosting, and others.
There web hosting is considered as one of the best in the market. There are three types of plans: StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek. Each with its characteristics, GoGeek being the most powerful. However, perhaps for beginners, the StartUp plan (whose price starts at $ 3.95 months) is beneficial.
Fast servers, excellent cache system, and 24/7 human support are some of its main features. For both beginners and experienced, SiteGround is an excellent option.
We have chosen as one of the best hostings because they offer excellent loading speed with all their plans, excellent customer service, 42 CDN servers worldwide, among many other tools that make it a superb provider web hosting.
Finally, let’s not forget that SiteGround has been recommended by WordPress itself as one of the hosts they trust for users to host their projects online.
- Can Load Your Site 4x Faster!
- Quick Server Response Times
- 100% Uptime
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Free Site Migration
- Daily Backups
- All hosting plans are equipped with SSD disks
- Installing WordPress and other CMS with a click
- SuperCacher cache system
- Php7 and free SSL certificate
- Stable and very secure platform (avoids attacks on the website)
- Limited Resources
- Higher Price For Second Term
3. HostGator – The Largest Web Hosting for Writers
If there is a name that you would recognize in our complete web hosting list for writers, it is HostGator.
It is probably because the Houston-based HostGator is one of the largest web hosts on the planet with more than 9 million Hosted domain names. Read why I always prefer Siteground to Hostgator web hosting.
HostGator has some advantages, including a longer-than-average money-back guarantee and an easy-to-use interface for beginners. All hosting plans also include a shared SSL certificate.
They have greatly improved in the last year and with its hosting plan offer exciting features like website builder to design your site directly with free SSL security certificates.
Think that for less than $5, you can have your web hosting with unlimited traffic. If you want to host your site for little money this is undoubtedly your best option and the one we recommend the most.
If you manage or are thinking of starting an e-commerce site, HostGator is a good option because you will be able to buy a domain, hosting and SSL certificate together.
They have three main categories of hosting services:
Hostgator Cloud Hosting
Several machines are working together to enhance your site. They have divided their Cloud Hosting into several plans with different prices:
- Hatchling: $ 4.95 / month
- Baby: $ 6.57 / month
- Business: $ 9.95 / month
Different plans offer different numbers of domains, services, and computing power
Hostgator WordPress Hosting
If you have a small WordPress site, then this hosting plan is just you. Again, there are three levels:
- Starter: $ 5.95 / month
- Standard: $ 7.95 / month
- Business: $ 9.95 / month
The more you spend, the more RAM, disk space and bandwidth HostGator will assign.
Hostgator Dedicated Hosting
You own a server. They even offer you the possibility to choose between Linux and Windows. However, prepare to pay the best prices:
- Value Server: $ 118.99 / month
- Power Server: $ 138.99 / month
- Enterprise Server: $ 148.98 / month
- Linux and Windows-based plan;
- 99.9% uptime;
- 45-day money-back guarantee;
- Plesk & cPanel control panels;
- Free migration service;
- Courtesy off-site backups;
- Free advertising offers;
- 24/7 support.
- “Unlimited” Offerings Are Conditional
- Expensive Domains
- Pricing Isn’t Straightforward
- Some Features Limited
4. InMotion – Best for Medium-Small Writing Projects
InMotion is overall a useful web hosting for writers, especially for medium-small projects.
If you need to host more than one WordPress site or other traditional CMS, InMotion has everything you need.
Like many other competitors, InMotion also offers three shared web hosting plans.
InMotion Hosting is reliable, feature-rich, and affordable and has more than 300,000 domains with two data centers in Los Angeles and Virginia Beach.
The launch plan for shared business hosting starts at $ 6.39 / month. It allows users to host websites two and comes with a free domain, FREE SSL. The people at InMotion Hosting will help you migrate your site for free.
Indeed, InMotion Hosting does not offer the cheapest plan, but it is the best accommodation provider for writers according to my experience. Inmotion is currently one of the leaders in the hosting market, with more than ten years of experience.
InMotion Hosting Plans:
- Business Hosting, starting at $ 6.39 a month.
- VPS Hosting, starting at $ 29.19 per month
- Dedicated Servers, starting at $ 104.69 a month.
- Reseller hosting, starting at $ 15.39 a month
- WordPress Hosting, starting from $ 6.99 per month (with 22% OFF)
The most requested hosting plan is the WordPress hosting plan.
- Solid server performance, uptime> 99.95% TTFB ~ 400ms
- A free domain name for the first year
- Good live chat and email support
- Free site migration for new customers.
- Entry-level plans with all the features necessary to host a business website
- 90-day money-back guarantee (industry # 1)
- Prices increase during renew.
- Server locations only in the United States
Since 2004, over 29 million people in 178 countries have chosen Hostinger to host their website. Today, a new customer registers on average every five seconds. Practically, while you finish reading this paragraph, someone will already be registered on Hostinger.
The company offers shared hosting plans, cloud hosting and VPS hosting, and the numbers are awe-inspiring.
An inexpensive web hosting sometimes equates to eating in a fast-food restaurant. You could also save money, but the quality of the food is mediocre. With Hostinger, the features available are more like eating a nice steak for the price of a classic hamburger.
If you are a tech expert, you will appreciate unlimited FTP access and compatibility with multiple versions of PHP. If you wish to check every aspect of your website, Secure Socket Shell (SSH) access and access to Cron Job can be useful.
Despite the rapid rise of many competitors, Hostinger continues to be one of the most popular web hosting companies for writers.
Hostinger essentially has five primary functions:
- Shared Hosting
- Cloud hosting
- VPS server
- Website Creator
- Domain Registration
They also offer 24/7 customer support through live chat, which is a useful feature.
Low prices, great loading times, and uninterrupted uptime are what make Hostinger an excellent option for web hosting for writers.
If you buy your cheapest plan, it will cost you only $ 0.80 / month (48 months), with a cost of only $ 38.40 for “almost” lifetime validity, not inadequate. This includes one website, one email accounts and 100 GB of bandwidth (which can handle a large number of visitors). Unfortunately, SSL is not included for free.
- Good Page Load Time
- Ease of Use
- Enhanced Privacy and Security
- Money-Back Guarantee
- Comprehensive Support Team
- 99.99% service uptime
- Unclear Money Back Policy
- The Lack of cPanel
- No phone support
What is a Domain Name?
However, for humans, it is difficult to remember all the IP addresses of a website. Because of this, domain names have been developed and are used to identify particular web pages instead of using IP addresses. For example, in the URL https://www.web.com/dictionary/, the domain name is web.com.
What does .com, .net, .de, .info, org, etc. mean?
The .com, .net, .org, and other website extensions are called top-level domains, also known as TLDs “top-level domains.” While we only see some of these, the truth is that there are hundreds of them. They are generally divided into three types:
- gTLD (Generic Top Level Domain): are the generic first-level domains among which we can find the “.com,” “.info,” “.org” or “.net.” The gTLDs are not associated with countries and must have a minimum of 3 characters.
- sTLD (sponsored Top Level Domain): these domains are part of the type gTLD but drive specific groups. Among them, we can find, for example, the “.cat,” “.museum,” or “.aero.”
- ccTLD (country code Top Level Domain): they are first-level country code domains. Among them we can find the “.es” (Spain), “.ar” (Argentina), “.mx” (Mexico), “pt” (Portugal) etc.
The TLDs are managed by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, better known by its acronym ICANN.
Perhaps the most common domain extensions are .com, .net and .org. However, the truth is that lately, other extensions are used a lot. Some refer to the following:
- .com: “Company”. (For-profit)
- .net: “network” domains related to the network or internet services.
- .org: “organization”. (Nonprofit)
- .biz: “Business”.
- .info: For informational sites.
- .us: for the United States “United States.”
- .tv: for Tuvalu. It is trendy (and exciting) because it can be used for sites related to the world of television.
- .in: for India.
- .mx: for Mexico
- .es: for Spain
- .ar: for Argentina
What is Web Hosting?
Hosting: Webspace (Server) where we will store all the information and files of our blog or website, including database, emails.
Hosting providers allow us to have full control over our blog/web through cPanel, and other configuration and management tools.
With these control panels, any user and without vast technical knowledge in server administration can perform tasks of a high difficulty very easily and with few clicks.
The importance of choosing a good domain and hosting
The excellent choice of our domain and hosting, together with the previous search and analysis of our future keywords, are part of the most crucial process in our adventure to start as bloggers.
The choice of good hosting and domain will be responsible for our blog to running 100% and wonderfully.
If you intend to earn good money with your blog, it is essential to choose paid services. No free hosting, and remember that cheap in the end always comes out expensive.
Nowadays, it is tough to make a living on the internet with a blog/website hosted on free hosting, without support, and with bad features.
Domains and paid Hosting will provide us with many more features, excellent support (24/7) and useful data transmission speed.
As you can see, I have left you a variety of web hosting for writers to choose from.
Honestly, everyone has an IMPECCABLE quality of service. It will depend on you, according to your needs, prices, intentions.
The choice of hosting and domain will be the fundamental pillar of website building. This will depend on the future success of your blog.
What hosting provider do you use?
Please don’t leave without leaving me a comment. Good or bad, it doesn’t matter; I’m interested in your opinion.