You need the best noise cancelling earbuds in 2021 to be free from external noise from your family, friends, workplace, environment. You can really zone out, go to your happy place as you listen to your favorite music.
I’m sure music aficionados would love to get noise cancelling earbuds because it solves their problem of Noise & Distraction.
You don’t need to buy the most popular headphone because it won’t really solve your noise problem and it won’t reduce distraction. What you need are noise cancelling earbuds.
I can assume some of us are familiar with the term “noise cancellation”. With the noise cancellation technology, you can easily get rid of those annoying sounds or noise around you which reduce distractions and enables you to focus on your music and really be impacted by it.
There are two types of Noise Cancellation: Passive and Active. Passive Noise Cancellation is the physical design or material made by the earbuds or headphone manufacturer in an attempt to reduce noise slightly.
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) is what we want because this is the active noise counter.
How this works is that ANC detects and analysis the sound pattern of incoming sounds or noise and then generates a mirror “anti-noise” signal to cancel it out which leads to the drastic reduction of noise. You can read about it on Wikipedia.
So you can see that I know what I am talking because before writing this article I did enough research, I read all blog entries on “noise cancelling earbuds” and went through all reviews on the product to careful curate a list of the Top 5 Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds right now.
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds Right Now
- 1. Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 2. Bose QuietControl 30 Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds
- 3. Phiaton BT 100 NC Wireless & Active Noise Cancelling Earbuds under $100
- 4. Audio-Technica ATH-ANC33iS QuietPoint Noise Cancelling Earbuds under $80
- 5. SENSO Best Sports Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Earbuds under $30 (Best Seller)
- Wrapping it Up
Top 5 Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds Right Now
- Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Bose QuietControl 30 Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds
Phiaton BT 100 NC Wireless and Active Noise Cancelling Earbuds
SENSO Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Earbuds under $30 (Best Seller)
The Bose QuietComfort 20 is the best Noise Cancelling Earbuds right now. At Bose, they believe in Better Sound through Research so when you talk of the best, this is the best but it doesn’t come cheap.
One feature that stands out to me is the aware mood, this mood lets you hear what’s around you at the push of a button so let’s say you at a busy bus station or airport you enjoying your music without any noise or distractions but you need to hear the airline announcements so you don’t miss your flight – just turn on Aware mood and you are good to go.
This is the best because it has 1,478 customer reviews and more than 68% of we the customers gave it a 5-star rating with another 12% giving it a 4-star and 7% of customers gave it a 3-star rating. Read all the Bose QuietComfort 20 reviews.
These are good numbers because not only is this product recommended by Nairatips, WireCutter, Amazon as well as top niche headphone blogs but it also shows that people that buy The Bose QuietComfort 20 get the best noise cancellation value money can buy which sets you aside from the crowd.
- Aware Mood
- Has the Best Noise Cancelling technology till date
- Better sound quality
- Premium build quality
- Outstanding battery life of over 15 hours
- Soft, comfortable noise cancelling earbuds which are perfect for travellers
- Works for both iOS & Samsung users
- Durability game is on point, it was made to stand the test of time
- Pricey which means you are going to be getting the best value.
To enjoy this magical nose deleter you must be willing to spend around $250-$300 which delivers immense value to you because you can’t get the noise cancelling quality anywhere else.
Right off the bat, you have two options to select from depending on the type of smartphone or tablet that you use: Apple Users – iPhones & Samsung, other Android devices.
You can also get The Bose QuietComfort 20 – Best noise cancelling earbuds for as low as $179 and $209 for Apple & Android users respectively if you buy the time as USED. Check out the very good condition deals – LOWEST OFFERS.
2. Bose QuietControl 30 Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds
This is another product from Bose which is safe to say that when you make good quality products your customers would give positive testimonies which would attract more customers and you won’t really need much marketing.
“A good quality product sells itself” – Paul Aroloye.
The Bose QuietControl 30 Wireless is the best wireless noise cancelling earbuds option right now. This gives you the freedom of wireless and a life without wires and wire clusters. It works with Bluetooth and NFC which can be a good thing cos it’s wireless and all and can also be a bad thing if you don’t any Bluetooth device in your life.
The Bose QuietControl 30 Wireless has a dual noise cancellation system both from earbuds and microphone. So while listening to music you won’t hear any noise and while talking through the mic, noise won’t filter into it.
- You can control the noise cancellation levels throughout the day
- Better sound quality than the Bose QuietComfort 20
- Wireless option: Freedom from wires
- Lightweight and comfortable design suited to fit comfortably around your neck
- An incredible battery life over 10 hours
- Clearer Calls
- Has a noise-rejecting microphone for communication
- More expensive than the Bose QuietComfort 20 because it has more features and functions: Wireless & Dual noise cancellation system.
- Collar design might give you a funny look sometimes
3. Phiaton BT 100 NC Wireless & Active Noise Cancelling Earbuds under $100
This is the not Bose but it’s a cheaper wireless alternative to the Bose QuietControl 30 Wireless for those on a budget.
Been on a budget doesn’t necessarily mean you are broke, it means that you are highly calculative and have established a price range for different products on your shopping list so if the Phiaton BT 100 NC falls into your budget you can give it a trial and you won’t regret it.
- Up to 95% Active noise cancellation
- Pretty good sound quality
- Sweat & water resistant
- Wireless music & calls
- Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX technology
- Clear voice capture technology
- Battery lasts for slightly above 6 hours on a single charge
- Lightweight design and comfortable noise cancelling earbuds
- Less effective noise cancellation than the Bose
4. Audio-Technica ATH-ANC33iS QuietPoint Noise Cancelling Earbuds under $80
The Audio-Technica ATH-ANC33iS is a wired option to the Bose QuietComfort 20. At Audio-Technica, they guarantee you a higher level of listening with their ATH-ANC33iS noise cancelling earbuds which reduces up to 90% background ambient noises which can cause distractions and also providing superior sound quality.
This also comes with a microphone used for answering calls and controlling your music which across all platforms. The microphone is Omni-directional which means it picks up sound from all directions.
- Cancels up to 90% of background noise
- Good sound quality
- It has an inline microphone and controller
- Cheap and affordable
- Best bang for your buck
- Doesn’t need batteries when in passive mode
- Far less noise cancellation efficiency than the Bose QuietComfort 20
- Uses AAA batteries which can be a pain to replace
5. SENSO Best Sports Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Earbuds under $30 (Best Seller)
This is the no. 1 best sports Bluetooth noise cancelling earbuds right now with over 28,873 customer reviews. 64% of those reviews have 5-star ratings while 15% gave 4-star ratings.
The SENSO Bluetooth headphone is the Best Sports Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Earbuds because it has a true HD sound featuring the latest Bluetooth 4.1 wireless technology with a comfortable build that securely fits int your ears guaranteeing firmness while engaging in sporting activities like gyming, jogging, running etc.
It also comes waterproof and with a battery life of over 8 hours of continuous workout or sporting activities.
- Lovely true HD sound
- Passive noise cancellation
- Bluetooth 4.1 wireless technology
- Comfortable, secure and firm earbuds fit int your ears
- Sweatproof and Waterproof
- Outstanding 8 hours battery life
- Wide compatibility range. Work with all Bluetooth enabled device
- Noise cancellation is present but it’s not active noise cancellation (ANC)
Wrapping it Up
The Bose QuietComfort 20 cancels greatly more noise and utterly prevent distractions more than its competitors and in addition, it has a premium build which is built to last, it’s also the most comfortable for travellers and has a powerful feature called “Aware mood” which lets you hear what’s happening around at the push of a button.
For people that love wireless connections and hate wires, you can get the Bose QuietControl 30 Wireless noise-cancelling earbuds.
Most people usually have a $100 budget and you can get the Bose alternative in the Phiaton BT 100 NC which is also wireless.
If you have a budget of $80 to spend on a noise cancelling earbuds, the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC33iS is the best choice.
Oh, you have a lower budget of $30, don’t worry I’ve got you covered with the No. 1 Best Selling SENSO.