Having the best laptop for programming and gaming in 2020 will give the best of both worlds, you’ll be able to finish coding faster and play some games on your downtime.
In this digitally modernized world, full of technology like personal computers, laptops, and cell-phones, people are heavily inquiring about the best suitable technology as per their needs.
Laptop lovers, when deciding to upgrade their technology-related game, often inquire about the best laptops to get their hands on.
What I suggest is you need first to decide why you need a computer. If your purpose is clear and straightforward, you will get a clear answer to your question too.
Table of Contents
- Recommended 4 Best Laptops for Programming and Gaming in 2020
- 1. HP OMEN X – Best Laptop for Programming and Gaming
- 2. MSI GV62 Thin and Light Gaming Laptop – Best Entry Level Pick
- 3. CUK MSI GS65 Stealth Thin Gamer Laptop – Ultra-Thin & Lightweight
- 4. HP SPECTRE X360-15T – The Best 2 in 1 Laptop
- Can you Get a Gaming Laptop for Programming?
- What to Look for in the Best Laptop for Programming and Gaming
- Key Features Needed in a Best Laptop for Programming and Gaming
Recommended 4 Best Laptops for Programming and Gaming in 2020
Without wasting any time, let us dig into the four best laptops selected that is a perfect fit for programming and gaming. I have mentioned some key specifications along with the pros and cons of each product.
This will make your life easier than expected if you are planning to make a complicated decision for the laptop.
Let the game begin!
1. HP OMEN X – Best Laptop for Programming and Gaming
The OMEN-X by HP 17-inch Gaming Laptop is the best laptop for programming and gaming because it has the most advanced GPU in this list, which is very important for gaming and high-speed processing power for programming.
HP Omen X has 32 GB PC4-22400 DDR4-2800 Intel XMP RAM that is exclusively designed to run efficiently at a very high speed. Enjoy gaming, editing, programming, and streaming; this is an all-in-one laptop.
- 17-inch FHD laptop for gaming
- Intel Core i7-7820HK processor
- 1TB HDD + 1TB SSD
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8 GB GDDR5X dedicated)
- Windows 10
- 1080p resolution
- Up to 5 hours 30 minutes of mixed usage
- Up to 4 hours 15 minutes of video playback
- Excellent gaming experience
- Graphics are luxury glory
- Outstanding sound quality
- The mechanical keyboard is very comfortable
- Solid quality construction
- 144Hz G-Sync display
- Well designed software
- Quick battery boost time
- Keyboard keys are fun to use
- The palm rest area is comfortable
- Battery life is good
- Heavily over-priced
- The display is dim/meager resolution
- Noisy fans
- Portability is significantly low
Where to Buy:
2. MSI GV62 Thin and Light Gaming Laptop – Best Entry Level Pick
MSI GV62 8RD-034 15.6″ Thin and Light Gaming Laptop is best for programming is another latest yet entry-level machine straight from MSI. A very light-weight notebook with the same hardware and DNA structure alike the earlier GP and GL series.
MSI GV62 is a good option for those looking for an all-in-one gaming machine to carry out other tasks.
- Intel Core i7-7700HQ
- 15.6-inch display
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
- 1 TB HDD
- 4 GB graphics
- 1080p resolution
- HDR support
- The wide view TN panel
- two and a half hours of battery life
- Light in weight as compared to other competitors
- A well-built
- Gaming performance is good at 1080p
- Storage upgradeability
- Easy maintenance for RAM
- The excellent typing experience
- Cool backlighting in red color
- Impressive cooling capability
- Worth performance for the price
- Dim screen issues
- Battery life is not at all good
- Low-quality plastic used
- TN display angles are minimal
Where to Buy:
3. CUK MSI GS65 Stealth Thin Gamer Laptop – Ultra-Thin & Lightweight
The CUK MSI GS65 Stealth Thin Gamer Laptop is the best lightweight option in our best laptop for programming and laptop.
If you are searching for a killer notebook to tear through your programming tasks, play some games and is light enough to take everywhere with you, then the CUK MSI GS65 Stealth Thin Gamer Laptop is for you!
- Intel Core i7-8750H
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 MAX-Q
- 8GB GDDR5
- Windows 10
- 16GB RAM
- Intel HD graphics 630
- 15.6” Full HD display
- Up to 4TB SSD
- Up to 2TB HDD
- Battery life is excellent and reliable
- Outstanding mobility
- An excellent TN panel
- Not-very-aggressive adjustment of PWM
- Smart look
- A bit overpriced for the offered features and specifications
- Slightly uncomfortable touch-pad
- Buttons are little tight to touch
- The right-click of the touch-pad tease produces teasing sounds at the palm rest area
- Built-in quality has a question mark
Where to Buy:
4. HP SPECTRE X360-15T – The Best 2 in 1 Laptop
This 2019 Spectre x360 15t Touch is claimed to be one of the most stunning laptops tested.
The best part of this best laptop for programming and gaming is its reasonable price. It is called as a power-house machine when it comes to gaming and other related taskings. Trust me; the design alone is enough to appeal to you.
- Intel i7 processor 8th Generation
- 16 GB DDR 4 RAM
- GTX 1050 Ti (4GB Video Memory)
- 512 GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 4K IPS Screen
- Bang and Olufsen sound system
- Design is beautiful
- Sharp display (4k)
- Cool versatility
- Very reasonable price
- Outstanding performance
- Vent placement is problematic
- Track-pad position is very awkward
Where to Buy:
Can you Get a Gaming Laptop for Programming?
Yes, you can get a laptop that bests for programming and gaming all in one device.
The critical point, when it comes to programming and gaming at the same time, the best gaming laptop is the one you need to search for.
This is because a gaming laptop will have a better GPU than required for gaming and is a bonus for programmers.
To make it easy-to-understand, a good gaming laptop is majorly a good fit for programming too, but not vice versa.
So you can’t get a laptop just for programming and expect it to play all the latest AAA game titles.
What to Look for in the Best Laptop for Programming and Gaming
Here is a quick summarized list of some essential features to look in the gaming laptop you opted, that will do well for programming too. Have a look below:
- A long-lasting, high-quality battery
- High screen resolution
- A Unix-based system
- A well-crafted Track-pad (depends on your workplace)
- A nice keyboard
- The latest processor (i7)
- 128GB SSD boot drive (minimum)
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- GTX Graphic with at least 4GB Graphic Ram
- 1 TB HD
- Bulk of connectivity
Once you tick all the above boxes for the selected laptop, here is the list of the best laptop for programming and gaming tailored to your needs!
Key Features Needed in a Best Laptop for Programming and Gaming
1. The Processing Power
The CPU is one of the essential parts of your laptop that needs to be inspected deeply if its purpose is to do both gaming and programming. It is the central functioning unit and the brain of your computer.
The better the brain functions, the better the human performs. The same goes for a laptop.
To select the laptop with an efficient brain (CPU), I would highly recommend looking for a Core i5 or an i7 processing unit.
2. Comfort Level
Programmers and gamers both sit for long hours performing multiple tasks on their laptops, but I would say a programmer sits down more than a gamer.
So, what to look in a laptop for a comfortable more extended period of joyful sitting?
Have a look below:
- A big enough screen to reduce stress amount on the eyes
- Delicate, easy to press keys
- Not a very pungent resolution
- A good structure for better hand-setting angle
- Easily portable
Your laptop’s RAM is another essential part of your decision making the journey in getting the best laptop for programming and gaming.
It is crucial because it saves tons of information, and it makes your laptop perform faster.
A high RAM capacity is essential for a programmer as he/she runs necessary applications that high demand storage of operational instructions. Also, high RAM capacity allows better multitasking allows different programs to run smoothly at the same time.
According to these requirements, I would suggest getting your hands on a laptop that bears at least 8GB, or more ideally, that has a 16GBs memory.
A suitable amount of RAM for a programming laptop is about 8GB, but ideally, you should consider getting a model that comes with 16GBs of RAM.
4. Battery Life
I cannot emphasize enough on the battery life here seriously.
Especially when you are an out-door worker that loves to use laptops away from electrical sockets.
If you are a frequent traveler, you like to write code and play some games on the go, then do consider a good battery life in our best laptop for programming and gaming laptop — otherwise, nothing to worry about the battery.
A gamer knows the worth of a graphic card.
However, if you are more into programming, graphics aren’t a big concern. Being a gamer and a programmer at the same time may require some good graphics so if you are concerned about graphics, get something that offers a minimum of 2GB of video memory.
If you are looking for the best laptop for programming and gaming experience to some pro level with a significant comfort level, then you must first get acknowledged about what you need to have.
Filling your brain with the right information as per your need reduces your machine purchasing struggle to some considerable extent.
It is quite easy to select the item when you know precisely what you are looking for.
Whether it is the processor, the keyboard, the battery life, the look, built-in quality, etc…set your priorities and then walk out to shop for the best laptop for programming and gaming.
The research above has just saved you hours of confused shopping time because now you know exactly what to look out for in a laptop for programming and gaming.
Beyond that, this approach will bring the perfect laptop home that fits your requirements and budget.
I hope this article will help you in selecting the best laptop for programming and gaming without heading towards another piece of information. Best of luck!