I recently ran into a problem to activate corel draw X7. Normally, I have corel draw x7 installed and running for some months now without any issue but the problem started a few weeks ago which is based on Corel Draw fair policy.
The problem started after I did windows update on Windows 10, restarted and connected my laptop to the internet then i received this message when I started corel draw x7.
This software is operating under an invalid license. It has therefore switched to Viewer Mode. All save, export and print features are now permanently disabled. To continue using CorelDRAW Graphics Suite, you must purchase a legitimate copy. Take advantage of our amnesty program to buy an authorized version of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 at a special low price. This exclusive offer is available through this message only.
At first I thought the problem was from the windows update I did but then I discovered that the main issue was from corel draw x7 accessing the internet, so I embarked on operation “How to block internet connection on corel draw”. I did some research, watched some videos but this one makes sense and helped me one of the steps I took to totally block corel draw from accessing the internet which makes me activate corel draw x7 for life
How to Activate Corel Draw x7 for Life
To activate corel draw x7 for life using my method you need to totally block all internet connections corel draw sends out using the internet. So, you are not blocking your internet but you are blocking corel draw from using the internet.There are 4 necessary steps to take to enable 100% activation for life.
- Uninstall Corel draw X7 and install it
- Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Block host file
- Allow/Block an app in Windows Firewall Setting
#1. Uninstall Corel draw X7 and install it
This is the very first thing I recommend you should do. Uninstall corel draw X7 from your computer and install it back on your computer. After that start the activation process.
#2. Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
This method is explained in this video, but for those who can’t watch the video for reasons best known to them i will include the steps below.
- Open Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
- Click on “Inbound Rules“.
- Right Click on corel draw and click “Disable Rule“.
- Select Corel Draw x7, it can be any edition of corel draw. Click on “New Rule“.
- Select “Programs” and click on Next.
- “This program path” click on Browse and locate where corel draw is installed. Corel draw default install location is C:/Program Files/Corel/Programs64/CorelDRW.exe
- Click “Block this connection” which is block corel draw from accessing the internet.
- Give your new rule a name. I gave mine “Corel Draw Block“. You can give your new rule any name of your choice.
#3. Block Windows Host File
This second step is easier than the first step which basically needs you to add to two lines of words to a notepad document and save, Pretty easy right?
- Open windows explorer by going to “This PC” or “My computer“.
- Navigate to Windows – System 32 -drivers – etc – hosts.
- Right click on hosts and go to properties. Un-tick Read Only.
- Tick on Security Tab, then click on Edit and tick the following boxes on all accounts listed there.
- Full control
- Read & execute
- Click on Apply. Press Yes.
- Right click on the host file, open with Notepad.
- Open. Paste this two lines in the host
#4. Allow/Block an app in Windows Firewall Setting
This is the easiest step. Please follow my instructions.
- Press Windows Key and type in “Firewall“. Select Allow an app through windows firewall
- Click on “Change Settings” and scroll down to where you see corel draw and the rule you created in step 1.
- Untick Corel Draw X7, PHOTO-PAINT X7 and the rule you created.
- That’s everything.