Hello everyone, sorry I’ve not written this article earlier as requested by some of my readers. I receive a lot of questions about GLO 4G LTE, some of main questions are below and i will also be providing answers to every question listed below.
“Hello, what devices can GLO 4GLTE work on?”
“I have a 4G smartphone, can GLO 4G work on it?”
“I have a 4G Mifi or router, can GLO 4G work on it?”
“I heard GLO 4G uses a weird 4G band, what 4G band frequency does GLO 4G use?”
“What phones are compatible with GLO 4G”?
“What 4G devices like routers, mifi or modem can work with GLO 4G”?
- 1. I heard GLO 4G uses a weird and rare 4G band
- 2. What is Band 28(700MHz) Frequency?
- 3. I have a 4G smartphone/Tablet can GLO 4G work on it?
- 4. What Smartphone can GLO 4G work on?
- 5. I have a 4G MiFi/SMiFi, can it work for GLO 4G?
- 6. What 4G CPE Routers can work for this network?
- Closing Words
1. I heard GLO 4G uses a weird and rare 4G band
Yes, you heard correctly GLO indeed uses a weird, not so common 4G band frequency but what you don’t hear is that the band GLO selected is very good due to its high efficiency and higher penetration inside buildings coupled with wider coverage.
2. What is Band 28(700MHz) Frequency?
The 4G 28(700MHz) band is one of the most sought after band for LTE deployment around the world with countries like United States, Canada, China, India, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore using it due to its efficiency and higher penetration inside buildings and wider coverage which reduces the number of radio towers required for setting up the LTE network which significantly cuts down the cost of setting up and making the LTE network go LIVE for nationwide use.
Read also: Spectranet 50% Promo Offers 22.5GB for 7,000 Naira
3. I have a 4G smartphone/Tablet can GLO 4G work on it?
You have a 4G phone or tablet and you can want to use it with the GLO 4GLTE network, you need to do the following;
- Send 4G to 400 to know if GLO4GLTE can work on your phone or tablet.
- View the list below to check if your phone is among the few compatible phones.
Don’t worry if your phone or tablet is not on the list, it’s not your phone’s fault, the fault lies with GLO and the rare 4G band frequency they chose to run their LTE service on. I will show you an easy way to enjoy GLO 4G, get 10GB of data all for just 20,000 naira.
4. What Smartphone can GLO 4G work on?
The compatibility list was found on GLO F.A.Q page.
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7s
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini 4
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPad Pro
- BlackBerry DTEK 50
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Duos
- BlackBerry Priv STV100-4
- HTC One M9 LTE-A
- HTC One M9+
- Alcatel One Touch Pop 4S LTE
- Alcatel One Touch Pop 4 Plus
- Huawei P9 Plus VIE-L29
- Alcatel One Touch Idol 4S LTE
- Alcatel One Touch Pop 4 LTE
- Microsoft Lumia 950
- Microsoft Lumia 950 TD-LTE
- Microsoft Lumia 950 XL
This is an updated list of smartphones and iPads that support GLO 4G which was derived from GLO official website.
Read also: Etisalat 4G LTE launched in Abuja, Nigeria
5. I have a 4G MiFi/SMiFi, can it work for GLO 4G?
Not all 4G MiFi/SMiFi can work for the GLO LTE service, there is also a thin list of supported 4G mifi/smifi devices that can work for GLO’s LTE service. The supported models are below;
- ZTE MF970
- ZTE MF910
- Netgear Aircard 790s
- Huawei E5786s-63a
- Huawei E5573s-606
You can call 07037388310 to order an unlocked tested 100% working MiFi device that works for all network and get it delivered to your doorstep.
6. What 4G CPE Routers can work for this network?
Currently, my research only brought two routers that works well with the GLO LTE network.
- Huawei B315s-607
- Huawei E5186s-61a
So, how do you enjoy GLO 4G+10GB Data all with 20,000 Naira?
- Buy a GLO 4G sim from either road-side vendors or office.
- Get a compatible 4G device.
- Subscribe to GLO 2500 Naira to get 10GB data.
I hope all questions regarding GLO 4G LTE network was answered. If you still have any question, leave it in the comment section below and I will answer them ASAP!