Introducing this Airtel Data Plan Code which gives you 6GB for 1K and N2500 Bonus Airtime, it’s really something else. I only discovered this yesterday but there is a catch, you need to have a new sim to be able to get bonus 3GB data and N2500 Bonus Airtime.
- New Registered Airtel SIM or Old Registered SIM but you won’t be eligible for the Bonus 3GB and N2500 Airtime Bonus because you are not a new customer.
- N1000 Airtel Nigeria Airtime
- Android or Blackberry 10 device. Android users need to tweak IMEI
- MTK Engineering tool
- Blackberry 10 IMEI
6GB for 1K Airtel Data Plan Code Procedure
Remember the Bonus 3GB + N2500 Airtime is for new Airtel Customers only. If you are a old customer, you would get 1k for 3GB after tweaking IMEI for Android Users. Blackberry 10 users can just proceed and dial the code without tweaking IMEI because it’s there original plan but Android users need to emulate our device to resemble BB10 devices.
- Get a new Airtel SIM, if you already have old sim, you can continue but you would get 3GB instead of 6GB
- Load N1000 Airtel Nigeria Airtime
- Set your APN to internet.ng.airtel.com
- Dial *431# for 3GB
- For Android Users, You need to tweak BB10 IMEI into your Android device. Don’t worry, it’s easy and safe! If you do it right.
- To tweak your Android device, you need MTK Engineering Mode Tool, Download from Google Playstore or get the Android APK @APKPure
- Open MTK Engineering Tool
- Click on MTK Settings
- Under Connectivity tab, Locate CDS Information and click it
- Click on Phone 1. If you want to change your sim1
- Click on Phone 2. If you want to change your sim2
- You will see AT+
- Type any letter in the search box after AT+ and delete the letter you typed and then, choose;For Phone 1:
“AT+EGMR=1,7,”YOUR NEW IMEI NO” (make sure you put a space between AT +EGMR)For Phone 2:
“AT+EGMR=1,10,”YOUR NEW IMEI NO” (make sure you put a between space AT +EGMR)
- Use the below working IMEI
- After that, select SEND AT COMMAND. You will see a message “AT Command Msent”
- Close everything and restart your phone, then dial *#06# to view your new IMIE.
- Check your Data with *141#
- Check your Bonus 3GB data and N2500 with *123#
My Final Thoughts
I personally left GLO for Airtel because GLO network was bad where i reside in and Airtel seems faster and my initial plan was to get 3GB for 1k after tweaking my Infinix Hot 2 IMEI but i was surprised when i saw i received Bonus Data of 3GB and additional N2500 Bonus Airtime then i realized that it must be because it’s a new sim. I only spent N200 to buy and register the sim, which was used to buy credit into the new Airtel line. This is a good & fast alternative and is currently one of the best data plan we have right now.