Root Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935F) using the Team Win Recovery Project 3.0.1-0 method. Get your S7 rooted and use it to the fullest.
This is for the International SM-G930F/FD/X, Korean SM-G930S, and Canadian SM-G930W8 Exynos models only! Don’t flash on S7 Edge or Qualcomm models!
WARNING #1: Flashing a customized recovery to your device will trip the Knox guarantee bit in your cellphone. Verify together with your cell provider to see if they are going to still cover guarantee on Knox bit triggered gadgets. When you understand this danger, proceed on.
You usually haven’t got to fret, because it’s extremely hard to brick a Samsung gadget, and physical injury warranties ought to be exempt from Knox triggering.
WARNING #2: The Galaxy S7 stock boot picture has dm-verity, which prevents you from booting in the event you swipe to allow system modifications!
SOLUTION: Observe the complete rooting steps under, so as, to permit system modifications with out the danger of a boot loop!
WHAT IS TWRP?
Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android gadgets.
It lets you back up and restore your information, flash customized ROMs to your gadget, restore damaged file systems, and root your device.
You’ll find the system web page right here:
There’s a obtain hyperlink there, in addition to directions on tips on how to flash it.
I extremely recommend utilizing Odin to flash when possible.
You could find a zip containing Odin in addition to a hyperlink to Samsung’s Cell drivers web page right here:
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- In your ROM, go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to allow Developer options.
- Now go to Settings -> Developer options. (above About device)
It’s essential to enable OEM unlock, in any other case you would possibly find yourself with boot problems or be unable to flash in a while.
- Extract Odin_3.10.7.zip to your laptop.
- Set up Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers for Odin to find your machine.
- Obtain a .tar image of TWRP for herolte.
- Reboot your gadget into Download mode. To do that, choose reboot from the power menu and hold the [Volume Down] + [Home] buttons whereas your system reboots.
When you reach the Obtain mode warning screen, press [Volume Up] to proceed.
- Open Odin and place that TWRP tar file within the [AP] slot with out touching any other choices, then press [Start].
- Hold [Volume Up] + [Home] buttons close to the top of the flash, and keep holding them till you are in recovery.
- At this level, you’ll reach the screen asking you if you wish to allow system modifications.
By swiping right, you’ll trigger dm-verity, and for those who do not comply with step 12 you can be unable to boot!
If you will root your system and comply with the remainder of these steps, then it’s safe to swipe right and enable modifications.
- Go to [Wipe] -> [Format Data] (not advanced wipe) -> type “yes”.
WARNING: This can wipe your internal storage, disable encryption, and factory reset your phone!
- Go to [Reboot] -> [Recovery].
- If you wish to be rooted with SuperSU:
Obtain the most recent SuperSU by Chainfire.
With out exiting TWRP, transfer the SuperSU zip to your device over MTP* and flash it utilizing [Install] in TWRP.In the event you solely need a bootable system partition or writable knowledge in TWRP:
Obtain dm-verity and force encryption disabler.
With out exiting TWRP, transfer no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip to your device over MTP* and flash it utilizing [Install] in TWRP.
- Go to [Reboot] -> [System].
- Wait 5-15 minutes on your system to complete setting itself up.
* MTP, referred to as Media Switch Protocol, is similar approach you switch files from your PC to your device when booted into system.
- v3.0.1-0 – Fixed USB OTG storage
- v3.0.0-0 (twrp.me) – Disabled backup/restore of modem partition (should be signed and flashed in Odin)
- v3.0.0-0 – Initialize new device tree based mostly on Samsung OSRC G930FXXU1APAW kernel.
- MTP assist
- USB Mass Storage assist
- Micro SDcard and USB OTG storage help
- f2fs file system assist (learn, write, format, backup & restore)
- exFAT file system help (learn, write, format, backup & restore)
- NTFS file system help (learn, write, format)
- ADB root
- Full SELinux help
- Inbuilt android 6.zero tree